About this Program
- Designed for current primary care paramedics, the program meets the demand of Ontario’s emergency medical service organizations for advanced care paramedics.
- Approximately 620 hours of hands-on, practical work experience.
- Expert faculty with a strong background in the paramedic field.
- Didactic portion of program is offered over two days each week, allowing you to maintain employment.
- Upon successful completion of the program and provincial examinations, you will be eligible for employment as an advanced care paramedic in Ontario.
- Advanced care paramedic
The ACP program at Niagara College is designed to allow working and non-working PCP’s return for training in advance paramedic skill, offering full time classes over a 2 day period. While taking the ACP program, I was able to secure part-time employment as a PCP for Niagara EMS and continue studying. The high fidelity simulation labs enhanced my practical skills and having active Advance Care Paramedic’s involved as my faculty ensured I was obtaining the most current information.