About this Program
- Program offers exposure and networking with prominent actors, producers and directors through our Up Close and Personal series: professionals like previous guests Tatiana Maslany, Colin Mochrie, Ennis Esmer and Claire Rankin.
- Small class sizes and one-on-one feedback.
- Take a project from script to screen in your final projects class.
- Opportunities to build relationships and work with future directors and producers with Niagara’s renowned Broadcast Radio Film and Television program on short films, commercials and music videos.
- Opportunity to assemble a personal marketing package/portfolio (headshots, resumes, demo reels and voiceover demo)
- Creation of an actor’s portfolio that reflects your individual acting technique.
- Membership on Casting Workbook used by agents and casting directors across North America
- This program is recognized by the Alliance of Canadian Cinema, Television and Radio Artists (ACTRA). Graduates are immediately entitled to register as ACTRA apprentice members.
Possible Career Opportunities
- Film and television
- Online, YouTube and web series production
- Commercials for radio, television and the Internet
- Industrial and corporate productions
- Voice-overs, narrations, cartoon animation
- Producing and entrepreneurial project development
Taking matters into my own hands changed everything. Led to everything. “Horrible Bosses,” “Pacific Rim,” “Saturday Night Live.” Creating the job as opposed to having it offered to me accelerated the process. Don’t wait for your break. Make your break. Make it happen for yourself.
Ontario College Diploma
|January 2018||Not Available|
|May 2018||Not Available|
|January 2019||Not Available|
|May 2019||Not Available|
You are well-suited to this program if you…
- Are open to personal change and challenge
- Have strong personal discipline
- Are collaborative
- Are interested in becoming an actor/entrepreneur