About this Program
- Extensive hands-on experience taking scene study and short film projects from script to screen using the latest technology.
- Establish a professional portfolio including a resume, headshots, demo reels, and voiceover demo that reflects your individual style and acting technique.
- Collaborate with future directors and producers in Niagara College’s renowned Broadcasting-Radio, Television and Film program on short films, commercials and music videos.
- One of few Canadian programs to offer direct instruction in The Meisner Technique-one of the most popular techniques of modern acting.
- Recognized by the Alliance of Canadian Cinema, Television and Radio Artists (ACTRA) with graduates granted immediate ACTRA apprentice status.
- Interact with working industry professionals (our instructors as well as directors, actors and producers through our ‘Up Close and Personal’ series.
Possible Career Opportunities
- Corporate film and television actor
- Film and television actor
- Internet, radio and television commercial actor
- Project developer and producer
- Voice-over actor for animation
- YouTube and web series actor
Taking matters into my own hands changed everything. Led to everything. “Horrible Bosses,” “Pacific Rim,” “Saturday Night Live.” Creating the job as opposed to having it offered to me accelerated the process. Don’t wait for your break. Make your break. Make it happen for yourself.
Admissions and Availability
You are well-suited to this program if you…
- Are open to personal change and challenge
- Have strong personal discipline
- Are collaborative
- Are interested in becoming an actor/entrepreneur