About this Program
- Over 400 hours of hands-on, experiential learning in Niagara College’s new, state-of-the-art, fully operational dental clinic and labs.
- Unique interprofessional education experience in both classroom and clinical environments.
- Gain practical experience in a dental office field placement and combine theory with real-world experience.
- Accredited by the Commission of Dental Accreditation of Canada (CDAC).
- Graduates are eligible to write the entry to practice National Dental Assisting Examination Board (NDAEB) exam followed by certification by the Ontario Dental Assistants Association after successful completion of the NDAEB exam.
- Community dental health
- Dental supply practice
- General dental practice
- Insurance company
- Product research
- Specialty dental practice
I chose Niagara College because I always had an interest in dentistry. In fall of 2013 I started the DOA program at Niagara College, which gave me a variety of skills and experience to land a job in my field right away. I am now continuing my dental education as becoming a level I & II dental assistant.