What’s a pre-apprenticeship?
Pre-Apprenticeship Training Programs offered by Niagara College, are fully funded by the Government of Ontario. These programs are designed to support participants entering the apprenticeship system and help prepare you for this step.
Pre-apprenticeship programs are offered on a year to year basis upon funding approval by the . Successful applicants are required to undergo selection criteria as outlined by the MAESD. Pre-apprenticeships are often highly specialized programs which can be significantly shorter than a full apprenticeship.
Participants who successfully complete our pre-apprenticeship programs will receive an Ontario College Pre-Apprenticeship Certificate of Achievement, Level 1 in-school apprenticeship component and a work term experience (practical experience with a regional employer).
Pre-apprenticeship intakes may open at any time. Please check back often to see whether or not Niagara College is offering any upcoming pre-apprenticeships. Pre-apprenticeship intakes that have already passed will be kept on this page as a reference for students still in the program.
Sorry, no pre-apprenticeships are currently available.
For further information about Pre-Apprenticeship programs call 111-111-1111 ext. 7480 or email [email protected].
How to Apply:
To be considered for a pre-apprenticeship training program at Niagara College, you must:
- Be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Be willing and able to commit to a Full-Time 24 week program
There are then three main steps to the selection process. You must:
- Attend one of our information sessions. Check the pre-apprenticeship webpage for contact details and information session dates and times.
- Complete an Essential Skills Assessment.
- Attend a Recruitment Process Appointment scheduled with our Pre-Apprenticeship Staff.