Required for Admission:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in education, with Primary/Junior focus AND
- Proof of English Proficiency
Additional requirements for admission:
Visit vnmanga.info/par for information about additional pre-admission requirements for this program.
Selection and Ranking
Testing, portfolio or other supplemental evaluation may be required.
Program Requirements What's this?
Criminal Reference Check (CRC):
All employers have instituted a CRC with vulnerable sector screening as a requirement for field placements as a result of Bill 18. The CRC will be required at the beginning of the program Term 1. All costs associated with the CRC are the responsibility of the student. Note: Students with criminal charges or convictions will be severely limited in placement and/or employment opportunities. Those with criminal charges pending or an uncleared criminal record (criminal convictions must be pardoned, sealed or expunged) are not eligible for a field placement experience.
Students are responsible for their own transportation in order to complete field placement requirements. Niagara College cannot guarantee placements that are readily accessible by public transportation. Students are responsible for all costs associated with such transportation.
- The confidential Communicable Disease Surveillance (CDS) form must be completed and submitted to Student Health Services prior to start of the program. Please view the current CDS form and checklist for requirements (vaccination documentation/proof of immunity to measles, mumps, rubella, varicella, and 2 step TB testing) at vnmanga.info/healthservices.
- Influenza, hepatitis B, tetanus, diphtheria pertussis vaccinations are recommended.
- All health requirements must be met or a placement will be denied. A current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR level C) and Standard First Aid certification is required.
- Students applying to the ECE program should recognize the physical demands involved in caring for children and may be required to lift up to 11.7 kilograms (50 pounds).
- All costs are the responsibility of the student.