About this Program
About the Curriculum
- Program focuses on power electronic systems and industrial automation in areas of electrical power generation, power distribution, protection and control; energy conservation; utility planning; and renewable energy systems.
- Extensive hands-on industry experience via three co-op work terms.
- Graduate with two diplomas; students eligible to receive an Electrical Engineering Technician diploma after successful completion of year two.
- Graduates with relevant experience can apply for the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT) certification.
- Electrical/electronic distributor
- Electrical power generation and utility operator
- Engineering consultant
- Equipment manufacturer
- Industrial manufacturing plant
- System design and integrator
This program provided me with both the theoretical and hands-on skills and experience that allowed me to get a job immediately after graduation. I’m responsible for designing large scale projects like those for the 2010 Olympics.