About this Program
- Design and implement plant nutrition, lighting programs and integrated pest management to support optimal crop growth and quality.
- Interpret data to assess crop health and quality and adapt to growth conditions/pest management strategies.
- Comply with all regulatory and trade requirements for the safe and legal production and packaging of cannabis.
- Create production plans for the procurement of raw materials and to ensure the consistent supply of high-quality crop.
- Develop and implement a costing system to accurately document and track crop production costs.
- Plan and oversee the allocation of staffing and space to support the execution of production plans.
- Interpret budgets and financial statements to inform cannabis production operations.
- Access and analyze relevant contemporary research and apply findings, where appropriate, to cannabis.
- Comply with and execute appropriate security protocols to ensure the safety and security of staff and crop.
Graduates will primarily be employed at Licensed Producers as:
- Production, quality assurance, post-harvest, propagation and operation managers
Ontario College Graduate Certificate
|September 2017||Not Available|
|January 2018||Not Available|
|May 2018||Not Available|
Our Niagara-on-the-Lake campus is the first postsecondary institution in Canada to be recognized as a Certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary.