About this Program
- Located in Ontario’s horticultural heartland
- Program based at Niagara-on-the-Lake campus, alongside the biodiversity of the Niagara Escarpment
- Students use campus grounds, greenhouse, and the nursery as a “living laboratory”
- Practical experience gained working in the greenhouse, nursery, and on the campus grounds
- Students actively involved in applied research projects
- Many field trips to see horticultural practices in “the real world”
- Advanced arboriculture includes tree climbing and pruning
- Fruit Production course includes practicing pruning in the orchard
- Landscape design and maintenance
- Turf/golf course installation and maintenance
- Greenhouse/nursery production
- Urban arboriculture
- Parks maintenance
- Garden centre management
- Green roof/green wall installation and maintenance
- Urban food production
- Greenhouse production
Environment and Horticulture Pathways
Graduates or last term students of NC horticulture, greenhouse or landscape programs can apply for advanced standing into Greenhouse Technician (Co-op), Horticulture Technician (Co-op) or Landscape Technician (Co-op).
Get practical, hands-on experience with the Horticultural Technician (Co-op) program.
Our Niagara-on-the-Lake campus is the first postsecondary institution in Canada to be recognized as a Certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary.
Ontario College Diploma
|September 2017||Not Available|
|May 2018||Not Available|
|September 2018||Not Available|
|May 2019||Not Available|
Future Study Options
We are proud to provide a range of future study options for NC students. More details on specific opportunities and partnerships can be found at vnmanga.info/transfercredit.