The following is a step-by-step OSAP guide for students starting school in September.
Fill out the online OSAP application for the upcoming academic year at .
If this is your first time applying online for OSAP, you’ll need to create an account using your Social Insurance Number (SIN).
Note: Students are encouraged to submit their application at least 4 weeks prior to the start of classes in order to receive your funds at the beginning of the school year.
You may be required to submit supporting documentation e.g. proof of citizenship, marriage, separation/divorce papers, affidavit and child tax benefit.
Consent, Declaration, and Signatures pages
- Once the application is submitted, print and sign the Consent, Declaration and Signature pages from the .
- Upload your Signature pages and other required documents using the online OSAP upload system.
- Log onto the using your OAN and password.
- Select ᾮGo to my applicationsᾯ
- Under ᾮCheck Statusᾯ select the ᾮPrint/Uploadᾯ link
- Scan and upload your documents
- Documents may also be submitted through the Niagara College Financial Aid Office.
See: OSAP Deadlines ()
MSFAA (Master Student Financial Assistance Agreement) form
- Print and complete the Master Student Financial Assistance Agreement (MSFAA) form from the .
- Take the completed form to a designated Canada Post location, along with your SIN card and a valid Canadian government issued photo ID. Attach a direct deposit slip or blank cheque to your form.
Instructions will be provided online after you submit your application. Do not send your MSFAA form to Niagara College.
June to August
Check your application’s status online.
Log on to your online OSAP account at and check your status to ensure all documentation has been submitted. Your OSAP assessment should start to be available in June.
- In late May, you will receive an invoice from Niagara College with a due date in June.
- You are required to pay a deposit of $500 by the deadline in order to hold your spot in your program. This deposit will be applied towards your tuition fees.
First OSAP funding disbursement
Our Financial Aid Office will confirm your full-time enrolment status with the . Upon confirmation, you will receive 60% of your OSAP funding approximately 5 – 7 business days from the first day of classes.
If consent was given to remit tuition fees, Niagara College will automatically take your first term tuition from your OSAP loan and the remaining balance will go into your bank account.
If you did not give consent to remit tuition then you are responsible for paying your tuition fees.
Second OSAP funding disbursement
Our Financial Aid Office will confirm your enrolment for the winter term. Upon confirmation, you will receive the remaining 40% of your funding at the beginning of the second term.