About this Program
- Expert faculty with significant geospatial expertise and first-hand consulting experience.
- Program outline is continuously updated to meet current industry needs.
- State-of-the-art learning lab offers leading GIS software and is open to students 24/7.
- Hands-on applied learning via year-long thesis project that involves working with employers to design and implement a real-world GIS project.
- Three-semester program focuses on geospatial modelling, geodatabase, Internet GIS and new technologies such as the use of drones as a mapping tool.
- Environmental management agency
- GIS consulting firm
- Information technology industry
- Map design company
- Municipal, provincial or federal government
- Natural resource conservation authority
- Oil and mining industry
- Survey and engineering firm
- Tourist industry
- Utility company
Niagara College allowed me to gain hands-on experience and develop networks with people in the field. Every day I use the concepts and skills I gained in the GIS program.