Each student and staff member are issued one free student card at the beginning of their time at Niagara College. Your card grants you:
- Access to printing and photocopying
- Gym pass for both the Welland and Niagara-on-the-Lake campus athletic facilities
- The regional transit bus systems (with a valid U-Pass sticker – students only)
- As a required form of ID for writing course tests and exams
Get an ID Card
- To create your new ID card you are required to submit your photo online. To submit your photo online you simply need to use our .
- Sign in using your Blackboard username and password and follow the instructions provided. Be sure to select your home campus (the main campus for your program or position) when asked for the pickup location.
- Your card will be ready for pickup 2 business days after submission from the campus you selected. Staff members should be prepared to provide their staff number upon pickup.
Where to Pick Up Your Card:
ID cards can be picked up at the NOTL campus between 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. in Enrolment Services, room W107.
ID cards can be picked up at the Welland campus between 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. in the Learning Commons.
Can’t use the online submission form?
Please stop by your campus’ Enrolment Services Office make alternative arrangements.
Lost, Stolen and Damaged Cards
- If your student card is lost, stolen, damaged (or you request a new picture) you must pay a $20 replacement fee at the Enrolment Services Office before a new card can be printed.
- You will also have to pay a replacement fee for your U-Pass sticker (if required). Please contact the office for more information at 111-111-1111 extension 7659.
Student Identification Card Disclaimer
The issuing of a student ID card occurs once as there is no expiration date and an ID number is permanently assigned to each student. In the event that a student begins a new program as a Level 1, Term 1 student after previously taking another program, the student ID card initially issued is to be used.
In the event there is a period of a semester gap or greater between the student’s full time or part time studies at Niagara College, a student may be issued a new card at no charge if they are no longer in possession of their previous card. Confirmation of enrollment in a new program may be requested by Enrolment Services staff and will be done at their discretion.
It is the responsibility of the student to protect their ID (ie. carry it in a wallet or something similar). Cards can bend, chip, or snap if handled inappropriately. A student will be required to pay the replacement fee for a card that is damaged as a result of personal wear and tear. If the card does not function due to a defect, Enrolment Services will coordinate with Information Technology Services (ITS) and replace the card in question at no charge.
Student ID cards will not be punched for any students or staff (no exceptions). Students enrolled in health related programs will have access to protective sleeves or pressure clips for their personal use. Students in all other programs who wish to wear their student card for identification purposes are encouraged to purchase a plastic case with clip or lanyard from the NC Bookstore.