About this Apprenticeship
- Length:3 to 3.5 Years
- Class Location:Welland Campus
- Starts In:Fall
- Credential:Certificate of Apprenticeship
- School of:Trades
Apprentices complete 720 hours of college instruction which leads to approximately 4 years of on-the-job training as paid trainees.
This program is funded in part by the Government of Canada and the Government of Ontario.
|APPR1824||Applied Blueprint Reading||3|
|APPR1826||Materials and Process Quality I||2|
|APPR1827||Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW)||4|
|APPR1828||Gas Shielded Semi-Automatic Welding Practical I||3|
|APPR1833||Blueprint - Advanced||4|
|APPR1835||Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) Practical||1|
|APPR1837||Material and Process Quality II||2|
|APPR1838||Pattern and Template Development||2|
|APPR1846||Patterns and Templates Development II||3|
|APPR1848||Preparation for Shipping||1|
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma, or Grade 12 equivalency, and
- Employment in the trade
With this apprenticeship, you could be a...
- Metal fabricator
- Platework fitter
- Shipfitter apprentice
- Structural steel fitter
Why Study at Niagara College?
- Outstanding levels of student satisfaction
- Highly experienced and supportive professors
- State-of-the-art facilities for your practical experiences
- Small class sizes where you will receive individual attention from the professors
- Student support system which includes counselling and financial aid
- More than 3 decades of apprenticeship in-school training experience
The facilities were a great opportunity for those who are already in the trades to improve their current skills with modern technology. The faculty were knowledgeable and supportive and the program gave me the opportunity to work during the day and study at night.
The Benefits of Apprenticeship
- The Province of Ontario is facing a large shortage of skilled labour.
- A certified journeyperson earns a good wage.
- Approximately 18 per cent of skilled workers are self-employed.
- There is, and will continue to be, a demand for highly qualified, highly skilled tradespeople.
- Majority of tuition for the in-school training is paid for by the .