This program prepares you for exciting work as a member of a healthcare team. Graduates may work in physician’s offices, dental offices, hospitals, long-term-care facilities, retirement homes, chiropractor’s offices and complementary health care offices. The newest workplace for the Medical Transcriptionist has become his or her own home office. The convenience and flexibility of working from home makes this career even more exciting and appealing to graduates. Possible career paths include:
- Transcription services for physicians
- Transcription services for medical specialists
- Transcription services for chiropractors and complementary health providers
- Transcription services for dentists
- Medical office assistant in a physician’s office, hospital, long-term-care facility, or retirement home
- Medical office assistant in a chiropractic or wellness clinic
- Dental office receptionist
The up-to-date curriculum includes training in rapidly changing technological skills such as software applications, and presentation skills. This program also provides you with ample opportunity to learn the language of medicine and apply it to medical transcription. Graduates of this program will be able to produce accurate written documentation of client data dictated by a physician or other healthcare practitioner. This program can greatly benefit entrepreneurial graduates by allowing them to work at home and start their own home-based business.
How to Register
Students do not apply to our part-time programs. Instead, enrol in and successfully complete each course listed in the Program Delivery section. Once you have successfully completed all of the required courses, you may apply to graduate. If you aren't sure how to enrol in a course, you can learn more here.
Apply for Statement of Completion
Have you successfully completed the requirements of this program? Learn how to apply for your Statement of Completion.