- There is no prerequisite or practical experience required.
- There is no formal registration into the SMT Certificate program. You are free to complete a single course, a seminar or the full program.
- Simply enroll in a Technical Course(s) or Seminar(s) in any order that is convenient to you.
How to Obtain Your Equivalencies
To attain the Supply Management Training (SMT) Certificate you are required to complete the following within 4 years:
Part 1 – Four (4) Technical Courses
The following Niagara College technical courses:
- CEBU1400 – Introduction to Procurement
- CEBU1410 – Introduction to Transportation
- CEBU1420 – Introduction to Logistics
- CEBU1430 – Introduction to Operations Management
Part 2 – Three (4) Business Management Knowledge Courses or Seminars
One of the following options is required.
Option 1: Three (3) Business Seminars through :
- Introduction to Business Planning
- Introduction to Accounting and Finance
- Introduction to Marketing
Option 2: The following Niagara College Business Management Knowledge courses have received equivalency status from SCMAO in lieu of 2 out of 3 required seminars:
- ACCT1130 – Financial Accounting I – equivalent to Introduction to Accounting and Finance seminar
- ACCT1198 – Financial Accounting Concepts – equivalent to Introduction to Accounting and Finance seminar
- ACCT1505 – Management Cost Accounting – equivalent to Introduction to Accounting and Finance seminar
- MKTG1301 – Principles of Marketing – equivalent to Introduction to Marketing seminar
If option 2 is chosen, please submit the following (PDF hosted by scmao.ca) along with the applicable payment ($111/$250) to have these credits transferred to your SCMAO record.
Part 3 – Three (3) Soft Skill Seminars through
- Introduction to Business Communications
- Introduction to Negotiations
- Introduction to Contract Law and Administration
SCMAO seminar schedules, fees and registration information can be found at .
Upon successful completion of the required SMT seminars and courses, students will be eligible to apply for a Certificate in Supply Management. Eligible students must fill out the (PDF hosted by scmao.ca) and submit to the SCMAO for approval and processing. SCMAO membership is mandatory at time of application.
For further Information/equivalency Information, contact:
Domenic Caruso, Niagara College
Telephone: 111-111-1111, extension 7819
Email: [email protected]
Supply Chain Management Association – Ontario (SCMAO)
Phone: 416-977-7566 or 1-877-726-6968
Email: [email protected]
How to Register
Students do not apply to our part-time equivalency programs. Instead, enrol in and successfully complete each course listed in the Program Delivery section. Once you have successfully completed all of the required courses, you may follow the directions of the professional association to obtain your equivalencies.