About this Program
- Course instruction delivered on evenings and weekends.
- Over 140 hours of hands-on experiential learning in state-of-the-art simulation labs.
- Over 800 hours of clinical placement experience in a variety of agencies, culminating in an eight-week practicum.
- Unique interprofessional education course designed to strengthen collaboration skills for members of the health care team.
- Eligible graduates may write the Canadian Practical Nurse Registration Examination, and if successful, may work as a registered practical nurse (RPNs) regulated by the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Clinic/medical centre
- Community agency
- Correctional facility
- Acute-care hospital
- Long-term care agency
- Mental health service
Advanced Standing Option
This program offers Advanced Standing/Advanced Entry to NC graduates of the Personal Support Worker program—learn more.
2 Year Option
This program may alternatively be completed in 2 years through Practical Nursing.
Approved by the College of Nurses of Ontario
The Practical Nursing program at Niagara College is currently approved (Category 1) by the . Current graduates from this program are eligible to apply for registration as a Registered Practical Nurse in Ontario.
Ontario College Diploma
|January 2019||Waitlisted (What's this?)|