About this Program
- Niagara College’s educational partners around the world offer employment opportunities for new graduates.
- Gain the knowledge and insight needed to teach in Canada or abroad.
- Professional-level program offers a practical focus that requires the use of a personal iPad to access iBooks and applications that support classroom learning and practicum teaching.
- Applied learning offered through a practicum that provides real-world classroom teaching experience.
- Graduates are prepared to teach English as a Second/Foreign Language both domestically and internationally.
- Domestic opportunities: Academic English program in postsecondary education; Adult learning centre where ESL is taught; Private language school
- International opportunities: Elementary school; NC global educational partner; Secondary school; University; College; Private language school
For graduates planning to teach in the Ontario elementary or secondary school systems, please note teaching credentials as defined by the Ontario Ministry of Education are required. Internationally, the need for qualified English language teachers is great.