About this Program
About the Program
Our experienced and respected faculty and staff promote and encourage students to be creative and artistic while providing the training necessary for graduates to be successful in this exciting field.
This program moved to the Welland Campus, effective September 2017, with newly renovated labs and facilities.
The Niagara College Teaching Salon is open for business in the Pavilion Building at the Welland Campus! Clients can start booking appointments starting Wednesday September 27, 2017.
- Hair cutting specialist/technician
- Chemical technician
- Business owner
- Salon manager
- Colour technician/specialist
- Product sales representative
- Salon consultant
- Hair receptionist
Upon Successful Completion
Graduates are eligible to register with the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development as an apprentice in order to complete the on-the-job/ in-salon training. Completion of the apprenticeship term qualifies the graduate to write the Provincial Certificate of Qualification Exam (C of Q) for their Hairstylist Provincial License.
You are well-suited to this program if you:
- Enjoy an active, hands on approach to learning
- Are a good listener and are interested in developing strong customer service and communication skills
- Enjoy incorporating an element of creativity and artistic intelligence into your work
- Detail – oriented, task-oriented and able to take constructive criticism
- Interested in continuous learning, necessary for this evolving field
Ontario College Diploma
|January 2018||Waitlisted (What's this?)|
|May 2018||Not Available|
|May 2019||Not Available|