About this Program
- Hands-on experiential learning in a state-of-the-art, full-size weld shop and fabrication lab, and accredited Canadian Welding Bureau and Technical Standards & Safety Authority test-centre facility.
- Gain practical experience taking metal fabrication projects from engineering drawings through cutting and forming stages to welding processes.
- Develop an understanding of industry standard inspection procedures.
- Related program opportunities include Welding Technician, Welder – Apprenticeship and Metal Fabricator (Fitter) – Apprenticeship.
You are well-suited to this program if you…
- Enjoy an active, hands-on approach to learning
- Enjoy working independently and as part of a team
- Have basic knowledge of math and science fundamentals
- Have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Committed to maintaining a safe work environment
- Construction welder
- Manufacturing welder
- Shipbuilding welder
- Welder and welder fitter trainee
- Welder fabricator-fitter
- Welder fitter
Being interested in welding to begin with, and after taking a tour of the shop, I was hooked. Over the year seeing the equipment and skills being taught was just amazing. It’s astonishing how much knowledge can be gained from the instructors here in just one short year.
Ontario College Certificate
|May 2019||Not Available|
|May 2020||Not Available|