Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD), or equivalent, including the following required courses:
- English - any Grade 12 (C) or (U), or equivalent
Recommended courses or skills: What's this?
These courses are not required for admission.
- Exercise Science - Grade 12 (U)
- Health for Life - Grade 11 (O)
- Healthy Active Living Education - Grade 12 (O)
- Recreation and Fitness Leadership - Grade 12 (C)
- Related volunteer or cooperative work experience
Selection and Ranking Process
For competitive programs (the number of qualified applicants exceeds the number of available places), selection will be based on the highest senior level final grade available at the time of ranking. Mid-term grades are not used for ranking purposes. Testing or other supplemental evaluation may be required.
Program Requirements What's this?
Criminal Reference Check (CRC):
Many employers that support our field placements and volunteer requirements have instituted a CRC with vulnerable sector screening (VSPC) as part of their selection and screening processes. Students will be provided with the application forms for submission to the police department and will need to allow a minimum of 12 weeks for processing by the police department. All costs associated with the CRC are the responsibility of the student. Agencies that support our field placements and volunteer experiences have the right to refuse a student who does not meet the screening requirements. Note: Students with criminal charges or convictions will be severely limited in placements and/or employment opportunities. Those with criminal charges pending or an uncleared criminal record (criminal convictions must be pardoned, sealed or expunged) are not eligible for a field placement experience.
Students are responsible for their own transportation in order to complete field placement and volunteer requirements. Niagara College cannot guarantee placements and volunteer opportunities that are readily accessible by public transportation. Students are responsible for all costs connected with such transportation.
- The confidential Communicable Disease Surveillance (CDS) form must be completed and submitted to Student Health Services by the end of Term 1 and be updated annually. If a CDS is not completed, a placement opportunity will be denied. Please view the current CDS form and checklist for requirements (vaccination documentation/proof of immunity to measles, mumps, rubella, varicella, and 2 step TB testing) at vnmanga.info/healthservices.
- Influenza, hepatitis B, tetanus, diphtheria pertussis vaccinations are recommended. This process may take up to 10 weeks or more and require a visit to your personal physician and/or a Public Health Department.
- A current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR level C) and Standard First Aid certification is also highly recommended by placement agencies and employers.
- All costs are the responsibility of the student.