The summer component of Youth Job Connection provides summer, part-time and after-school job opportunities to high school students aged 15 to 18 who are facing challenging life circumstances and may need support transitioning between school and work.
The program is open to all eligible youth. However, the intention is to help youth who may have difficulty finding a summer job by themselves. The program focuses on youth who are at risk of experiencing a poor transition between education and work. If you’ve successfully transitioned to post-secondary education then you are may not be suitable for this program.
Am I eligible for this program?
Applicants must be:
- 15 to 18 years old at time of registration
- A resident of Ontario
- Eligible to work in Canada
- A high school student intending to stay in or return to high school, or access post-secondary education after the job placement
Program participants must:
- Complete a minimum of 20 hours (maximum 30 hours) of pre-employment training before proceeding to the job placement. Pre-employment training must be completed within 3 weeks and consists of a combination of online and in-class workshops.
- Take part in a job placement. While in their job placement the participant is employed by the employer. Job placements begin after the participant has completed at least 20 hours of pre-employment training.
Participants will receive a stipend equivalent to the provincial hourly minimum wage when they participate in pre-employment training.
Employers: mentoring, training, work transition and employer hiring supports are available.
How to apply
Please contact our office to participate in the Youth Job Connection: Summer program.
Employment and Training Solutions
1 St. Paul Street,
St. Catharines, ON L2R 7L4
Phone: 111-641-1152 ext. 4660
Email: [email protected]
More information about this program is also available on the .