About this Program
- Your program starts with courses offering fundamental business skills combined with sport industry understanding, progressing to more advanced applications and hands-on learning experiences.
- In addition to your formal classroom work and fieldwork experience, the program also offers numerous volunteer and networking opportunities, community leadership opportunities and a variety of experiential learning options to prepare you for your chosen career.
- Sport event coordinator
- Marketing coordinator
- Fundraising coordinator
- Assistant athletic director
- Sports recruiter or scout
- Sports administrator
- Intramural manager/coordinator
- Sports information officer
- Facility coordinator
- Varsity coordinator
- Communications manager
- Sales representative
- Campus recreation coordinator
- Community/public relations coordinator
- Promotions coordinator
- Sponsorship coordinator
- Advertising/media coordinator
Sport Management students at Niagara College have the opportunity to enrich their academic knowledge with applied learning in the sport industry. Students will be trained in professional development and work a minimum of 400 hours in a sport management position. The work placement can be in various sport industry sectors including professional sport associations, community and amateur sports bodies, and professional sector sport organizations. Additionally, students will have the opportunity to complete their field practicum internationally if desired.
Our internship department works closely with various local, national and international sport organizations including high profile organizations such as Hamilton Tiger-Cats, Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment, CBC Sports Television, and the Canadian Olympic Committee.
Admissions and Availability
Future Study Options
We are proud to provide a range of future study options for NC students. More details on specific opportunities and partnerships can be found at vnmanga.info/transfercredit.